One of the most widely used applications on the planet is WhatsApp Messenger. WhatsApp Messenger has taken a special place in our lives, whether it’s for chatting with friends, sending urgent documents to a colleague, or simply video calling your closest friends or family members. The platform has a variety of interesting features, such as displaying a user’s online status and more.
There are times, however, when you simply need to be invisible on WhatsApp. When using WhatsApp, you may need to hide your online status at times. Or maybe you just want to stay away from someone on the platform. You’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for solutions to these issues. In this article, we’ll walk you through a step-by-step process for hiding your online status on WhatsApp. So, without further ado, here’s what you should do.
Hide WhatsApp Online Status on Web
WhatsApp Web, unlike its Android counterpart, does not allow you to hide your online status. However, there are some Chrome extensions that can help you hide WhatsApp Web’s online status. WAIncognito is one such extension. The extension comes with a lot of cool features. To begin, it allows you to toggle on and off the last seen update and Read receipts for WhatsApp Web messages. It also allows users to set a safety timeout, which causes the read receipt to be sent automatically after a certain amount of time has passed. Here’s how you can put it to use:
- Search for WAIncognito in the Chrome Web Store.
- Install the Chrome extension on your computer.
- When you go to web.whatsapp.com, you’ll notice an incognito option next to WhatsApp Status.
- You can easily block it by selecting ‘Don’t Send Last Seen updates’ from the menu. This extension can also be used to block read receipts.
Hide WhatsApp Online Status on Mobile App
Following a few simple steps, you can easily hide the Online Status on WhatsApp. On both Android and iOS platforms, the messaging app gives you the option to hide the online status feature. All you have to do now is follow the steps below:
- Launch WhatsApp.
- Tap on Settings from the three vertical dots in the upper right corner. Users on iOS can simply go to the bottom menu and select Settings.
- The account can be found in the Settings menu. Go to the Privacy option after clicking on it.
- The Last Seen option can be found there. There are two options available in the app. You have the option of selecting My Contacts or Nobody. The former will notify your contacts that you are online, whereas the latter will not notify anyone.
- To hide the Online status on WhatsApp messenger, select the ‘Nobody’ option.