You may need to record a phone call on occasion. Recorded calls can be incredibly beneficial, whether you’re interviewing someone or making an essential call when you need to remember precise facts. After years of not having an official ability to record calls, Google’s official Phone app finally has call recording support. Some Android phone manufacturers include call recording software in their packages, and there are various apps in the Google Play store that support the feature. We’ll go through all of the different ways to record calls on Android in this post.
Before we go any further, it's crucial to understand that recording phone calls is illegal. Before recording any calls, make sure you respect your local regulations and seek the permission of other individuals on the line. The methods below may be disabled in areas where call recording is prohibited. Before proceeding, please double-check your local regulations on call recording and obtain informed agreement from the other party.
Using the Google App
In some areas, the Phone by Google app supports call recording. The recording is also limited to certain devices that come pre-installed with the Phone app. As a result, you won’t be able to get the feature if you download the app from Google Play. Both the caller and the receiver are notified that their call is being recorded by the app.
On-demand and automatic recording options are available in the app.
If you want to record a conversation in the middle of it, go to the Phone app’s screen and tap the Record button. Your recording will begin when you tap it. Simply tap Stop recording or hang up the phone when you’re done.
To enable the Always record feature in the Phone app, follow these steps:
- Open the Phone app on your phone.
- To access more options, tap the three dots icon.
- Select Call recording from the Settings menu.
- There are two options under Always record: Numbers not in your contacts and Selected numbers. You can enable or disable both depending on your needs.
- You can also enable call recording for a specific contact by going into that contact’s details and tapping Edit contact, then selecting Always record calls from the drop-down menu.
- Simply tap on the call in the call log to find a recorded call.
Recording on Google Voice
Incoming calls can be recorded with Google Voice, but outgoing calls aren’t supported. You must first enable call recording for your Google Voice account before you can use it.
- Go to voice.google.com on your computer.
- To open Settings, click the Gear icon.
- Choose your calls.
- Activate the options for incoming calls.
- Simply press 4 while the call is in progress and everyone has joined in to record the actual call. To stop recording, tap 4 once more. The voicemail tab will contain the recordings.
Call Recorder apps
If your phone does not have a built-in call recording feature, you can record calls using one of the apps listed below.
Not only can you record regular phone calls with Cube ACR, but you can also record VoIP calls. Signal, WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat, and Slack are among the apps it supports. However, not all devices will be able to record VoIP calls.
All calls, calls from select contacts, and all calls except select contacts can be automatically recorded with Cube ACR. Furthermore, you can begin recording a call at any time during the conversation. Shake to mark, cloud storage, and PIN support are also available. Cube ACR is ad-supported and free to download.
Automatic Call Recorder
On the Google Play store, Automatic Call Recorder is one of the most popular call recorders. Users can record all calls, calls from specific contacts, and all calls except those from specific contacts. There’s also Google Drive and Dropbox integration for cloud storage of recorded calls. It’s free to download and use, but there are advertisements.
Call recording is also built into Samsung Galaxy smartphones. However, not all regions have access to it.
- Open your Samsung phone’s Phone app to enable call recording.
- To access the menu, tap the three-dot icon.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- You’ll find the Record Calls option under Call Settings, which you should tap.
- To record calls, select All calls, Calls with unsaved numbers, or Calls with specific numbers from the Auto record menu. You can pick one that best suits your needs.
- On the Record calls screen, you’ll also find the option to review your recorded calls.
The OnePlus Phone app includes call recording functionality. The OnePlus app, like the Phone by Google app, informs both the caller and the receiver that their call is being recorded. You can, however, turn off the notification in the settings.
- On your OnePlus phone, open the Phone app.
- Make or receive a telephone call.
- To access more options, swipe left.
- A Record button will appear. When you press it, the recording will begin. You can stop the recording by tapping Stop recording.
Call recordings can be found in the call log or by viewing the call history for individual contacts.
Xiaomi used to have a built-in call recording feature in MIUI, but for many new releases, the company has switched to the ‘Phone by Google’ app, which may or may not support call recording depending on your region. If your Xiaomi phone doesn’t support call recording, you can use the third-party apps we’ll discuss later in the article.
- Open the Phone app on Xiaomi phones that still have the MIUI dialer app to enable call recording.
- When you make or receive a call, a Record button will appear while the call is connecting/or is connected. To record the call, tap on it.
- Open the Phone app if you want to automatically record calls.
- To access the menu, tap the three lines icon.
- Select Call recording from the menu.
- You can now choose to automatically record all calls or just those from specific numbers.
Vivo’s Funtouch OS also includes call recording capabilities.
- Open the Settings app on your Vivo phone to enable call recording.
- To record a call, go to Phone > Call recording.
- You can choose to have it automatically record all calls or only specific calls (you can choose specific numbers).
- Recorded calls can be found in File Manager > All files or Phone storage > Record.
ColorOS from Oppo has a number of call recording options, including the ability to record all calls. However, not all locations may have the capability of recording all calls.
Navigate to the call recording settings on your Oppo phone using the following paths to enable call recording.
- Go to the Phone app, then tap the two dots icon > Settings > Call Recording on ColorOS 6.1 and later.
- Go to Settings > System Apps > Call > Call Recording on ColorOS 5.1 to 6.0.
- Go to Settings > Call > Call Recording on ColorOS 5.0 and earlier.
You can choose to auto-record conversations from selected contacts, record all unknown numbers, or record all calls once you’re in the Call Recording options. You’ll also be able to set a storage limit for your recordings. Additionally, under the Check Call Recordings option, you’ll find all call recordings.