Almost all technology firms now pre-install a voice assistant app to promote their invention. Google’s Assistant, Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri, Huawei’s Celia, and Microsoft’s Cortana are all examples of virtual assistants. However, Microsoft’s Cortana appears to be the least popular of all the voice assistant programs.
Cortana is still a component of Windows 10, despite the fact that it has long lost the AI voice assistant war to its competitors. Cortana is included in every new version of Windows 10. Microsoft has also placed Cortana directly on the taskbar for easy access. However, many people seem to dislike Microsoft’s Cortana.
It was difficult to uninstall Cortana from a PC prior to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. If you delete all Cortana-related files, you’ll run into problems like Windows search not working, the Start Menu not opening, and so on.
However, with the release of Windows 10 version 2004, Microsoft opted not to add Cortana as part of the operating system. That means that if your machine is running Windows 10 Version 2004, you can easily uninstall Cortana.
How to uninstall Cortana from Windows 10:
If you dislike Cortana in Windows 10, now is the time to uninstall it. We’ve included step-by-step instructions for uninstalling Cortana from Windows 10. Let’s get this party started.
- Step 1: To begin, go to Windows 10 search and type in ‘PowerShell.
- Step 2: Select the ‘Run as administrator’ option from the right-click menu on Windows Powershell.
- Step 3: Copy and paste the command below into the PowerShell window, then press Enter.
- Here’s the command: Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 | Remove-AppxPackage
That concludes our discussion. You’ve completed your task. This is how to remove Cortana from your Windows 10 computer.
Note: If you want to reinstall Cortana just head on to the Windows Store and you can get it from there for free
- [App of the Week] SmartTubeNext: Enjoy YouTube Videos with no ads along with great playback features on Android TV!
- Nothing Ear 1 TWS with unique design launched! Priced at Rs. 5,999! Here’s what it offers for the price
- Spotify brings ‘What’s New’ feed to get notified about the latest releases!
- The Witcher Monster Slayer AR Game Is Now Available