Motorola revamped its rugged smartphone Defy series with the launch of Moto Defy 2021. This smartphone packs some midrange specs and solely concentrates on durability and protection. This is the main selling point of the smartphone. The company made a collaboration with rugged smartphone maker Bullitt to make this happen. So what this smartphone provides compared to normal smartphones? Let’s check it out.
Moto Defy 2021 – Features:
▶ The phone is MIL-STD-810H approved, which means it is vibration resistant: 4th category Humidity and salt mist resistance Thermal shock: can withstand temperatures ranging from -30°C (-22°F) to 75°C (167°F) for up to 30 minutes. Sand, dust, filth, water, humidity, and salt mist are all resistant to ingress protection (IP68).
▶ Waterproof for 35 minutes up to 1.5m (5ft); Housing that is double-sealed and Drop-resistant up to 1.8m (6ft) onto steel; structurally reinforced PCB; high-quality lanyard to reduce drops
▶ The new Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, which is 0.7mm thick and engineered to be drop and scratch-resistant, protects the Motorola Defy’s display. The glass, according to Motorola, can be used with wet fingertips.
Moto Defy 2021 Specifications:
- Display: 6.5-inch (1600×720 pixels) HD+ LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 662
- Battery: 5000mAh with 20W fast charging support.
- RAM/ROM: 4GB LPDDR4x with 64GB storage (expandable memory available)
- Software: Android 10, upgradable to Android 11
- Rear Cameras: 48MP primary sensor, 2MP Macro Camera 2MP Depth sensor
- Front Camera: 8MP front camera
- Other Features: Fingerprint sensor, Water and Dust Resistance (IP68), MIL-STD-810H certified, NFC
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C
Pricing and Availability:
In the next weeks, the Motorola Defy (2021) will be available in select European regions, followed by Latin America. The cost will be €329 ( ~ INR 29,111)