Following leaks and teasers, OnePlus has announced that the OnePlus 9 Series 5G smartphones will be released globally on March 23rd. It also announced a three-year collaboration with Hasselblad, the iconic camera company, to co-develop the next generation of smartphone camera systems for future OnePlus flagship devices, beginning with the OP 9 Series.
When and how can we watch:
Cameras on Oneplus 9 Series:
The OnePlus 9 series will include a custom Sony IMX789 sensor, the company’s largest and most advanced main camera sensor to date. It will support 12-bit RAW images, allowing for more vivid and vibrant colors in photos as well as more space for post-production. The Hasselblad Camera for Mobile will also allow 4K 120FPS and 8K 30FPS video capture, as well as enhanced HDR video recording.
About OnePlus HassleBlad Partnership:
- OP and Hasselblad will collaborate closely on research and development to offer dramatically improved camera systems on future smartphones, including the forthcoming OP 9 Series.
- Over the next three years, the relationship will evolve, beginning with software enhancements such as color tuning and sensor calibration and eventually expanding to more dimensions.
- According to the company, the latest Hasselblad Pro Mode brings the company’s industry-leading sensor calibration to a smartphone for the first time, resulting in amazingly accurate and natural color for a strong base for post-editing.
OnePlus’ Investments on Mobile Photography:
OnePlus also announced that it would spend more than US$ 150 million over the next three years to expand its mobile imaging capabilities. This multi-faceted investment will be used to boost OnePlus’ ability to provide premium, cutting-edge camera technology to its customers in a variety of ways.
Investing in four big research and development laboratories around the world, including two cutting-edge imaging labs in the US and Japan.
For future OnePlus camera systems, such as a panoramic camera with a 140-degree field of view, T-lens technology for lightning-fast focus in the front-facing camera, and a freeform lens – to be first released on the OP 9 Series – that virtually eliminates edge distortion in ultra-wide images, OnePlus is pioneering new areas of smartphone imaging technology.
OnePlus has always prioritized a premium user experience over everything else. Beginning in 2021, we are making a concerted effort to significantly improve the smartphone camera experience for our users, with the expertise of a truly legendary partner in Hasselblad. With OnePlus’ top-of-the-line hardware and computational photography and Hasselblad’s rich aesthetic knowledge in traditional photography, I am confident that the OnePlus 9 Series will be a major leap forward in our ability to deliver a premium, flagship camera.Pete Lau, Founder and CEO of OnePlus
Hasselblad believes in the power of images and our mission is to continue pushing the boundaries on imaging technology. With this in mind, Hasselblad is determined to work together with OnePlus, an innovative company that shares the same vision and passion for technology. By partnering with OnePlus, we hope to put Hasselblad’s iconic design and outstanding image quality in the hands of more people and share our passion for incredible photography.Jon Diele, Vice President, Hasselblad
- HUAWEI nova 9 is now official for Global Markets with a 50MP Camera, Snapdragon 778G, and a lot more!
- Here are some details about Google’s Tensor SoC! Does it compete with competitors like Snapdragon 888?
- Pixel 6 Series Launch: What To Expect At Google’s Event And How To Watch It Live
- Apple Music: Check out the details about the all-new Voice plan in India