The spring update for Clash of Clans is here, and it’s a major one. The Town Hall 14, hero pets, new war builders, and much more will be included in the first big update of 2021. Aside from these, another significant improvement in this update is the lower cost of entry for low to mid-level Town Hall matches. Supercell has made it much easier for new Clash of Clans players to advance in the game.
Clash of Clans – Town Hall 14 Giga Inferno
The Giga Inferno will remain in level 14 of the Town Hall. A poison bomb is being added to it which is dropped when the Town Hall is destroyed. It will deal damage, slow enemy attacks, and decrease their movements speed.
Upgrading to Town Hall 14 unlocks
- 25x new Wall pieces
- 1x Air Bomb
- 1x Seeking Air Mine
- 1x Skeleton Trap
- 1x Bomb
- 1x Giant Bomb
- 1x Pet House
New hero pets
Clash of Clans is getting a new king of unit with the new Town Hall. Players will be able to use the Pet House after upgrading to Town Hall 14. You’ll be able to handle your hero pets from here. At each stage of the Pet House, players can receive new pets. There are the following:
- Level one unlocks L.A.S.S.I
- Level two unlocks Electro Owl
- Level three unlocks Mighty Yak
- Level four unlocks Unicorn
Supercell has added new achievements aimed at high-level players to accomplish.
- Not So Easy This Time – Destroy weaponized Town Halls in multiplayer battles.
- Siege Sharer – Donate Siege Machines (Note: Since Siege Machine donations are now counted towards this Achievement, they are no longer counted towards the Friend in Need Achievement).
- Superb Work – Boost Super Troops.
- Bust This! – Destroy weaponized Builder Huts in multiplayer battles.
- Boosts on Heroes or Buildings are no longer cancelled when an upgrade is started and will continue to run in the background.
- Practice mode levels are now only available at the same Town Hall as the level, not one earlier.
- Ongoing Lab upgrade timer continues normally when Lab is upgraded and can be finished with Gems or a Book. New unit/spell upgrades still cannot be started before the Lab upgrade is completed.
- Move some of the obstacles from the new Village starting layout closer to the edges so there’s larger continuous empty space for the Village.
- The rewards for the first 19 Goblin Map levels after the tutorial have been increased for a better new player experience:
- Values for level 20 and beyond remain unchanged.
- Achievements are now listed in a more sensible order.
- There is now a confirmation popup when pressing Finish Training in the Training Screen.
- New icon for max poison DPS to distinguish it from normal DPS.
- Lab research screen is accessible during Lab upgrade.
- Keep the level badge flame burning in combat HUD when all troops or spells are deployed.
- Use popover to show what the new buildings/traps are in TH/BH upgrade screen.
- The default skin for the Barbarian King has been updated by adding more triangles to better capture the character and essence of his royalty.
- The custom textures take full advantage of the new shaders.
- The default frame rate for 120FPS iPad Pro models is set to 60FPS to preserve battery usage. To switch to 120FPS, users can visit the new Higher Frame Rate option under “More Settings” that will allow you to revert to 120FPS.
- Supercell now uses Apple’s Metal graphics API on supported devices. This offers more efficient performance and should reduce power usage while playing the game.
- To use Facebook’s social features, it’s now necessary to grant permission for cross app-tracking.
Supercell has patched a range of bugs in the game, ranging from gameplay issues to UI, VFX, and layout editor concerns. The full list of bug fixes can be found in the patch notes.