Google has revamped Search for smartphone. The organization has made improvements to simplify the search experience. The latest design will roll out to both iOS and Android users.
The new redesign was led by Aileen Cheng, who explained the improvements and concepts behind the new design in a blog post. According to Cheng, “”We decided to take a step back to make it easier for people to find what they’re searching for quicker and easier,” she says. “I find it very refreshing. It’s a breath of fresh air for me!” “Rethinking the visual design of something like Search is really complex,” Aileen says. “This is especially true given how much Google Search has evolved. We’re not just organizing the information on the web, but all the information on the world,” Aileen says. “We started organizing web pages, but now there’s so much diversity in the types of content and information that we need to make sense of.”
- Bringing information to the forefront: “We want to let the search results shine, allowing people to focus on the information instead of the design elements around it,” says Aileen. “It’s about simplifying the experience and getting people to the information they’re looking for as clearly and quickly as possible.”
- Making text easier to read: Google Search has rendered the text wider so that the human eye can scan and interpret Search results quicker. “We’re making the result and section titles bigger, too,” Aileen says. The update also includes more Google fonts, which already appear in Android and Gmail.
- Using color to highlight: the redesign team focuses on emphasizing material and photos against a clean backdrop and uses color more purposefully to direct the eye to relevant details without being confusing or distracting.
- Creating more room: “We’ve decided to create a new edge-to-edge design of results and minimize the use of shadows, making it easier to see what you’re looking for right away,” says Aileen. “The overall effect is that you have more visual space and breathing space for Search results and other content to take center stage.”
- The “Google” feeling: “If you look at the Google logo, you’ll notice there’s a lot of roundness to it, so we’re borrowing from it and bringing it to other places as well,” says Aileen. You’ll see that in sections of this redesign, including in rounded icons and pictures. “This type is already a part of our DNA. Only look at the search bar or the magnifying glass,” says Aileen.
- HUAWEI nova 9 is now official for Global Markets with a 50MP Camera, Snapdragon 778G, and a lot more!
- Here are some details about Google’s Tensor SoC! Does it compete with competitors like Snapdragon 888?
- Pixel 6 Series Launch: What To Expect At Google’s Event And How To Watch It Live
- Apple Music: Check out the details about the all-new Voice plan in India