Google added a new augmented reality experience to Google Search in December of last year, allowing users to view a 3D animated version of Baby Yoda on their devices. Several iconic anime characters, including Pac-Man, Ultraman, Hello Kitty, and others, are now getting the same treatment.
According to a recent blog post from the company, you can now use Google Search on your phone to view some of the most iconic anime characters in augmented reality. To do so, open the Google app or any Android browser, search for one of the characters listed below, scroll down to the ‘About’ section, and tap the new ‘View in 3D’ button. This will take you to a new page with a 3D model of the character you’ve chosen. The model should appear wherever you point the camera after you tap the ‘View in your space’ button and grant the app access to your camera, microphone, and storage.
The following characters are included in the new Google Search anime AR experience:
- Ultraman Zero
- Ultraman Belial
- Evangelion (EVA-01 Test Type)
- Gundam (Odysseus Gundam, Xi Gundam, Penelope)
- The drums from Taiko no Tatsujin
- Little Twin Stars
The augmented reality experience is available on all Android devices running Android 7.0 Nougat or later, as well as all iOS devices running iOS 11 or later. On ARCore-enabled devices, the ‘View in 3D’ page provides easy access to all 3D characters in a carousel. All of the above-mentioned characters have their own set of animations and sound effects. Hello Kitty, Kongimyun, and Pompompurin all say a few Japanese and English lines.
The video below provides a quick overview of how to use Google Search’s new animated AR models.
Source: xda developers
- [App of the Week] SmartTubeNext: Enjoy YouTube Videos with no ads along with great playback features on Android TV!
- Nothing Ear 1 TWS with unique design launched! Priced at Rs. 5,999! Here’s what it offers for the price
- Spotify brings ‘What’s New’ feed to get notified about the latest releases!
- The Witcher Monster Slayer AR Game Is Now Available