Google introduces Drive for Desktop app for windows and Mac OS to make syncing fruitful. Individuals will be able to use Google’s unified Drive for the desktop app instead of the existing Sync and Backup. In 2017, Google separated its desktop Drive app into two parts: Backup and Sync for individuals and Drive for desktop, which was just for business users.
"Before launching Drive for desktop, we had two sync solutions available: Backup and Sync, which was built primarily for consumer users, and Drive File Stream, which was built for business users. Now, we're unifying these sync clients into the new Drive for desktop, bringing people the best and most used features from both Backup and Sync and Drive File Stream" - Scott Limbird Product Management Lead, Google Drive
Drive for Desktop: What is it for?
While many individuals access Google Drive via their web browser or mobile apps, some want to have access to their files and photographs immediately on their desktop, exactly like items stored locally on their device. Drive for desktop is a Windows and Mac OS application that allows you to access material straight from your desktop, allowing you to rapidly access files and folders in a familiar environment. Drive for desktop also syncs local files to the cloud in the background, which cuts down on the amount of time you have to wait for files to sync.
Sync and Use Conveniently:
You may access files directly from the cloud on your Mac or PC with Drive for desktop, save up disc space and network congestion. Because Drive files are hosted in the cloud, any modifications you or your colleagues make are automatically updated everywhere, ensuring that you always have the most up-to-date version. Here are some main highlighted features of this application,
- Upload and sync photos and videos to Google Photos and/or Google Drive
- Sync external storage devices to the cloud, including flash drives and external hard drives
- Mirror Drive files on your desktop, which stores your files on your local device and enables quicker access to your content
What will happen to existing Backup and Sync users?
Users of Backup and Sync will begin to see reminders in the coming weeks encouraging them to migrate to Drive for desktop, which we recommend doing by September 2021. Users will receive an in-product notification after this point informing them that they must transition to continue synchronizing their files.
This Google Workspace Updates blog article has more information on the Drive for desktop transition for business users. Click Here to read it!
( via )
- [App of the Week] SmartTubeNext: Enjoy YouTube Videos with no ads along with great playback features on Android TV!
- Nothing Ear 1 TWS with unique design launched! Priced at Rs. 5,999! Here’s what it offers for the price
- Spotify brings ‘What’s New’ feed to get notified about the latest releases!
- The Witcher Monster Slayer AR Game Is Now Available