Telegram launched the latest Message History Import Tool It came with version 7.4 of the app. The version update notes read as follows:
Telegram soon released another update to version 7.4.1 that omitted the mention of the migration tool. You’ll also be able to import chats from WhatsApp.
You will need the new versions of both apps to move your WhatsApp chat history to Telegram. When you’ve got that, you should follow the steps below to import your chats from WhatsApp to Telegram.
Note that individual chats can only be imported No batch importing options are enabled yet. Might be in future fingers crossed 🤞
So here are the steps how this is done. (IOS and Android)
- Open WhatsApp and tap on the chat you want to export
- Head into the menu (three dot at top right corner) > more > select “Export chat”
- You’ll now see an option to “Attach Media” or “Without Media”
- Choose your preferred option
- Now choose Telegram from the sharing menu and select the contact you want to assign the imported chat to
- You’ll now see a prompt to import messages.
- Select “Import”
Don’t forget to join our YouTube Channel to know the tips and tricks of the telegram app.
Image Credit: Android Authority