Microsoft is rolling out optional monthly updates for Windows 10 versions 21H1, 20H2, and 2004. It’s a big one. It’s also the first cumulative update since the release of Windows 10 version 21H1.
Highlights: Windows 10 build 19043.1023
- News and interests on the taskbar is now available to anyone who installs this update!
- Improves the hover experience by adding the Open on hover option (checked by default) on the News and interests submenu that appears when you right-click the Windows taskbar.
- Updates an issue that might prevent users from opening phone apps that are pinned to the taskbar. This issue occurs after they update to Windows 10, version 2004 and then use the Your Phone app.
- Updates an issue that prevents a touch device from working as a serial mouse in multiple monitor situations.
- Updates an issue that might display items on the desktop after you have deleted them from the desktop.
- Updates an error that might cause video playback to fail when you switch from an external high-dynamic-range (HDR) display to a built-in non-HDR display.
- Updates an issue that fails to apply the spatial audio effect to sounds when you enable spatial audio.
- Updates an issue with noise when you enable spatial audio and use Bluetooth USB headphones.
- Updates an issue that prevents users from receiving geographic location information.
If you’re on Windows 10 version 21H1, 20H2, or 2004, you’ll get KB5003214, which will update your build number to 19043.1023, 19042.1023, or 19041.1023. You can also manually download and check out Improvements and fixes – here