Microsoft’s Windows 10 feature update, codenamed Sun Valley, is expected to add some major visual improvements to the Operating system in the second half of this year. The implementation of new icons in File Explorer is the first and most visible change. Over the last year, Microsoft has gradually changed the icons in Windows 10, most recent time shifting was the Notepad icon. The Recycle Bin, Documents folder, and devices such as disc drives are among the system icons in File Explorer that have changed.
Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview build 21343, which includes a major update to the File Explorer app: new icons. That’s not really your usual “new icon” storey, like when Microsoft advertised new Fluent Interface icons for the Edge browser but all it appeared like was a 45-degree rotation of the refresh button.
Windows Sandbox and Microsoft Defender Application Guard have also been improved with this update. This release contains a new runtime that is explicitly designed and optimised for container scenarios.If you’re a Windows Insider in the Dev channel, the update should be available right now.
Changes and improvements within Windows 10 build 21343:
- We’re changing the name of the Windows Administrative Tools folder in Start to Windows Tools. We are working to better organize all the admin and system tools in Windows 10.
- [News and interests] Update on the rollout: following our last update on languages and markets, this week we’re also introducing the experience to China! We continue to roll out news and interests to Windows Insiders, so it isn’t available to everyone in the Dev Channel just yet.
- We are now rolling out the new IME candidate window design to all Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel using Simplified Chinese IMEs.
- We’re updating the “Get Help” link in the touch keyboard to now say “Learn more”.
- We’re updating File Explorer when renaming files to now support using CTRL + Left / Right arrow to move your cursor between words in the file name, as well as CTRL + Delete and CTRL + Backspace to delete words at a time, like other places in Windows.
- We’ve made some updates to the network related surfaces in Windows so that the displayed symbols use the updated system icons we recently added in the Dev Channel.
- Based on feedback, if the Shared Experiences page identifies an issue with your account connection, it will now send the notifications directly into the Action Center rather than repeated notification toasts that need to be dismissed.
- [App of the Week] SmartTubeNext: Enjoy YouTube Videos with no ads along with great playback features on Android TV!
- Nothing Ear 1 TWS with unique design launched! Priced at Rs. 5,999! Here’s what it offers for the price
- Spotify brings ‘What’s New’ feed to get notified about the latest releases!
- The Witcher Monster Slayer AR Game Is Now Available